- 2021-02-20: The Vermont State Mathematics Coalition announces Math Beyond the Horizon, a new online series of math / STEM enrichment talks. It is oriented toward strong high school math students interested in new topics, but is open to anyone. Registration is free, but required for each session. The first talk, at 11 AM on Saturday, March 6, is Quantum Cryptography presented by Mary Beth Ruskai.
- 2021-02-19: Women in Aviation International is hosting a Girls in Aviation Day online event from 1 PM to 3 PM EST on March 13, featuring female members of the USAF Thunderbirds and a female NASA Astronaut.
- Governor's Institutes of Vermont: Mathematics Applications Open!
Know a math-loving student? There’s a whole state full of people just like them, and they’re all coming together online at The Governor’s Institutes of Vermont’s virtual Math Immersion! This summer, students at GIV will challenge their minds with puzzles and mentored problem-solving activities and contests, learn about the real-world and theoretical applications of mathematics, solve problems alongside professional mathematicians, and discover career pathways open to people who love math! Tuition is “pay-what-you-can,” and GIV’s support team is at the ready to help with any tech issues - so all Vermont families can apply without worrying about money or technology. Click here for more info, and to apply today!
- Test 3 of the 2020-2021 VSMC Talent Search has been posted.
- The Vermont Space Grant Consortium (VTSGC) Undergrad Scholarship competition is open and accepting applications here. Applicants must be:
Applications must be received no later than March 1st.
- A Vermont resident and United States citizen.
- A graduating senior in a Vermont high school, or a current undergraduate enrolled in a degree program in a Vermont institution of higher education, with a GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Planning to pursue a professional career which has direct relevance to the United States aerospace industry and the goals of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) such as: Astronomy, Biology, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Aeronautical Engineering and other basic sciences, including earth sciences, and Medicine. Cross-disciplinary and other areas of study may also apply.
- The VCTM 2021 Statewide Virtual Math Fair will be held April 5-9, 2021. Registration deadline for individual and class projects is February 5, 2021. More information here.
- Past news items
- Talent Search: Identifying
talented High School mathematics students.
- Governor's Institute in Mathematical Sciences: A week-long experience at the University of Vermont.
- Expanding Horizons: Bring College/University Mathematicians to your Classroom!
- NEW! Math Beyond the Horizon: A series of online interactive explorations of math, science, and technology topics beyond the traditional K-12 math curriculum.
- National Mathematics Competitions: Preparing students for competition at the national level.
- Vermont Mathematics Initiative: Professional development for Vermont elementary teachers.
- Past Activities
Latest Update: February 24, 2021
Page views since 2013-01-08: