Participant Roles - Student
First and foremost the student needs to make a commitment to work with the
tutor. Ideally the student will initiate the request for help, having been
informed that help is available. In addition, the student should:
- Show up on time for meetings with their tutor, and let the
tutor know if they will be unable to do so.
- Tell their tutor what they are having problems with and generally
help the tutor to help them.
- Let their teacher know that they are getting tutoring help
and help the tutor to coordinate efforts with the teacher.
- Work with the tutor and teacher to
establish objectives for tutoring - what do you want to
- Be honest and realistic about the amount of work you are
ready to do outside the tutoring sessions to help reinforce your
learning. If you say you're going to do some exercises, do them. If
you won't do them, don't say you will.
- Provide feedback to the school coordinator and to the tutor
to let them know how the tutoring is working.